Wytech specializes in precision grinding and machining solutions for complex geometry mandrels used as catheter manufacturing aids and tools ranging from various applications, including reflow to bonding, cutting, tipping, and welding.
Combined with our sister company, Mountain Manufacturing Technologies, we are your single source for R&D mandrels and production mandrels.
Common Mandrel Geometrics
Engineering of mandrel features can dramatically improve catheter assembly output and significantly reduce scrap by enhancing the precision of the catheter manufacturing process. Below are categories of common mandrel geometrics that assist in assembly manufacturing.
Design Features Include:
- Hollow Core
We are adept at working with a variety of materials, including:
Wytech can manage the entire supply chain of your catheter mandrel needs. If your application requires a more lubricious surface finish, we will connect you with our preferred PTFE Coating Partner, Applied Plastics.
Tell Us About Your Product Goals
The FastLane program was developed specifically to provide design engineers fast access to a wide selection of thin wall hypotubes & fine wire sizes, alloys and lubricious coatings for urgent developmental work.
- Medical Wire
- Stainless Steel, Nitinol, PTFE Coated & Parylene Coated Wire
- Diameters ranging from 0.003" - 0.145", half sizes also available
- Available in 60", 73″ and 120″ lengths
- Stainless Steel Thin Wall Metal Tubes
- Diameters ranging from 0.009" - 0.112"
- Available in various lengths
- $200 minimum order required
- COC included in each shipment
Whether it’s a product evaluation, evaluating an alternative manufacturing process, or a situation that demands delivery in less than two weeks, FastTrack meets your needs.
- Wire straightening and cutting
- Wire and tube taper grinding, forming, end treating, and coating removal
- PTFE hypotubes
- Heat treating
- Grit blasting