Needle Grinding from Wytech
Wytech has diligently advanced its precision grinding capabilities over the last several years and is well qualified to meet the precision grinding requirements of most medical device wire and tubing component jobs, including needle grinding.
Hypodermic, stainless-steel tubing is one of the most common materials used in medical devices, one of those being the hypodermic needle. Wytech’s proprietary 5-Axis systems produce unique, multi-profile grinds and features not possible with conventional tip or point grinding equipment. Particularly, Menghini features or skived and scalloped tubes with varying grind angles for biopsy, aspirator needle sets, and more are ideally suited for Wytech’s FlexGrind program.
Learn more about the FlexGrind needle grinding program from Wytech
- Types: bias grinds, lancet points, blunt ends, trocars, bevels, diamond points, trephine, and other unique tip geometries and profiles
- Needle Tip: typical A & B bevel syringe-type grinds. A bevel is considered any ground surface of a cannula.
- Point Grinding: conical point for wire
- Chemical-etch marking and anti-core capabilities
Applications of Specific Needle Grind Types
Precision is important when it comes to needle grinding. Because of the invasive nature of needles in medical applications, ensuring the needle grind is flawless is essential to the patient’s comfort. From the common lancet found in most medical offices to the trocar commonly used in laparoscopic surgery, Wytech’s advanced technology will assure that all needle grinding is completed to your exacting standards.
Common Uses of Needles in Medical Applications
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Tissue Ablation
- Testing Procedures
- Temperature Measurement
Tell Us About Your Product Goals
The FastLane program was developed specifically to provide design engineers fast access to a wide selection of thin wall hypotubes & fine wire sizes, alloys and lubricious coatings for urgent developmental work.
- Medical Wire
- Stainless Steel, Nitinol, PTFE Coated & Parylene Coated Wire
- Diameters ranging from 0.003" - 0.145", half sizes also available
- Available in 60", 73″ and 120″ lengths
- Stainless Steel Thin Wall Metal Tubes
- Diameters ranging from 0.009" - 0.112"
- Available in various lengths
- $200 minimum order required
- COC included in each shipment
Whether it’s a product evaluation, evaluating an alternative manufacturing process, or a situation that demands delivery in less than two weeks, FastTrack meets your needs.
- Wire straightening and cutting
- Wire and tube taper grinding, forming, end treating, and coating removal
- PTFE hypotubes
- Heat treating
- Grit blasting