Wytech’s robust precision grinding technologies have been perfected for nearly 50 years. Our state of the art equipment allows us to meet our customers custom grind configurations and challenging tolerance needs.
- Centerless Grinding (Glebar, Royal Master)
- Electro-Chemical Grinding
- Point Grinding (Tridex)
We are adept at working with multiple stainless-steel types, Nitinol, and other medical-grade alloys.
Advanced Precision Grinding Features
- Applications: PTCA and Neurovascular Guidewires, implant delivery systems, processing mandrels
- Typical Grind Profiles: multi-taper, paddle, plunge for special mandrels, and skiving
- Ground features: shape flats, threads, bumps, arcs, hexes, balls, ellipses, and concave/convex radii.
- In-house annealing and stress-relieving for maximum flexibility in processing
- Linear tolerances as precise as +/- 0.001”
- OD diameters as small as .002"
Wytech has the technical experts to assist in the design of mandrels, core wires, and guidewires utilizing stainless steel and nitinol. We have dedicated development equipment for rapid prototyping.
Wytech’s proprietary 5-Axis systems produce point ground tips such as Menghini features scalloped tubes with varying grind angles for biopsy, aspirator needle sets.
Grinding / Skiving
Skiving and grinding features are produced typically on Hypotubes to allow for a smooth transition for the tube flexibility in guidewire and catheter assemblies.
We offer a wide variety of precision grinding options to best meet many applications.
Wytech offers a variety of precision grinding configurations:
- Flat grinds
- Micro grinds
- OD grinds
- Paddle grinds
- Plunge grinds
- Point grind
- Profile grinds
- Step grinds
- Taper grinds
Tell Us About Your Product Goals
The FastLane program was developed specifically to provide design engineers fast access to a wide selection of thin wall hypotubes & fine wire sizes, alloys and lubricious coatings for urgent developmental work.
- Medical Wire
- Stainless Steel, Nitinol, PTFE Coated & Parylene Coated Wire
- Diameters ranging from 0.003" - 0.145", half sizes also available
- Available in 60", 73″ and 120″ lengths
- Stainless Steel Thin Wall Metal Tubes
- Diameters ranging from 0.009" - 0.112"
- Available in various lengths
- $200 minimum order required
- COC included in each shipment
Whether it’s a product evaluation, evaluating an alternative manufacturing process, or a situation that demands delivery in less than two weeks, FastTrack meets your needs.
- Wire straightening and cutting
- Wire and tube taper grinding, forming, end treating, and coating removal
- PTFE hypotubes
- Heat treating
- Grit blasting