Surface Finish & Modification
Wytech has a variety of coating removal and surface finish modifications such as:
Surface finish, also known as surface texture or surface topography, is the nature of a surface as defined by the three characteristics of lay, surface roughness, and waviness. Wytech employs a variety of manufacturing techniques to assure the surface requirements of the product ordered meet customer specifications.
- Electrochemical and other chemical processes are used to enhance the finish and cleanliness of metal components and assemblies
- Reduction of surface stress concentrators, blemishes, and crack propagation
- Negligible hydrogen embrittlement, improved fatigue life, and performance
- Processing is available for a variety of sizes and shapes
Electropolishing is an electrochemical process that Wytech employs to remove material from a metallic workpiece. It is a highly effective method to polish, deburr, and radius complex medical device components.
- Acidic chemical process capable of creating burr-free edges on complex geometries
- Can polish to a brighten and smooth the surface
- Creates highly polished smooth finishes for radiused edges
- Surface finishes as low as 4 RMS
- Tube ID: Electropolishing available for improved surface finishes ˂8 Ra
- Meets ASTM B912 standards
Passivation is a chemical treatment applied to the material surface that removes contaminants and assists in the formation of a chromium-oxide passive film that protects the surface from corrosion. Moreover, passivation supports the transfer of fluid and/or medication.
- New Crest Ultrasonic Passivation Line features the latest technology and performance
- Meets ASTM A967 standards
- Masking tolerances as low as +/- 0.01″
- 360° coverage if required
- Aluminum Oxide
- Allows surface transformation, attachment for over-mold or adhesion
- Ideal for producing a matte finish
- Any grit size available can be used
- Entire parts, ends, or masked discrete lengths
- For both wire or tube applications
- Glass Bead
- Any grit size can be used
- Allows uniform look for parts
- Aesthetically pleasing; better tactile feel
- Silicone Carbide
- Wear resistance, chemical inertness, high thermal conductivity, abrasion resistance, and low coefficient of thermal expansion
Wytech provides vibratory tumbling for our customers with end radius requirements.
- Removes burrs formed during fabrication and improves RMS on critical surface finish requirements
- Ideal for prototype to large volume runs
Chemical Etching/Echogenic Surfaces
- This process can be used to remove slag after a laser cutting operation
- Proven process in the medical device industry to thoroughly remove all traces of contamination tightly adhering or embedded onto metal surfaces
Ultrasonic Vapor Degreasing
- Removes all oils and grease present on the material surface
Tell Us About Your Product Goals
The FastLane program was developed specifically to provide design engineers fast access to a wide selection of thin wall hypotubes & fine wire sizes, alloys and lubricious coatings for urgent developmental work.
- Medical Wire
- Stainless Steel, Nitinol, PTFE Coated & Parylene Coated Wire
- Diameters ranging from 0.003" - 0.145", half sizes also available
- Available in 60", 73″ and 120″ lengths
- Stainless Steel Thin Wall Metal Tubes
- Diameters ranging from 0.009" - 0.112"
- Available in various lengths
- $200 minimum order required
- COC included in each shipment
Whether it’s a product evaluation, evaluating an alternative manufacturing process, or a situation that demands delivery in less than two weeks, FastTrack meets your needs.
- Wire straightening and cutting
- Wire and tube taper grinding, forming, end treating, and coating removal
- PTFE hypotubes
- Heat treating
- Grit blasting